worn out.

comment on my tattoo;

"you're gonna look real worn out when you're 40..."

it's funny how people think i care about that.
all i want to be when i am 40 is happy!
i am not trying to be a model. what do i care
if i look "worn out"...and because of a tattoo?
and if i don't like it when i am 40, then i am
sure i will have plenty of other things to
worry about aside from a tattoo i LOVED when
i was younger.
and anybody who happens to love me along the way
will love my tattoos, too...because they are a part
of me. and the only people who will matter are
the ones that love me!

i'm so tired of people asking why did i get tattoos,
what will i think when i am older, what will other people think
when i am older?

i am not one to think about the future very much.
i just let things happen. i happened to get my tattoos
and i have yet to run into any determining problems
such as not being offered a job, which is really the only
thing a tattoo can effect.
and let's face it...when our generation is old...
we will all be full of ink! nobody is going to
care. so as far as when i am older, i'm sure 1 out of every
3 people that are my age will have a tattoo.

and i will encourage my kids to get tattoos!
however, i will supervise what they get...
no tribal or tramp stamps for my future babies.
and the artist they go to.
because if i kept going to my other tattoo "artist",
i can guarantee you i would be embarassed of
my chest right now. but i am not. whew.

i'm just so tired of negativity. if i'm
not hurting you then why do you care?
really?

my mom and sister both have said,
"what about at your wedding?"
well, it will be MY wedding...and
since i love my tattoos...whats the problem?
my wedding will be for me right?
not for everyone else to judge me?
i don't even plan on wearing a big fancy
dress when i get married, and allison
has had words with me for that.
i just want a fancy cake and lots of dancing.
but that is off topic.

someone on the message board
even took the time to make this for me...

lol at my tattoos hindering my job
opportunities.
all three of my tattoos are EASILY concealed.
get over yourselves!

and the people who are saying we will regret our tattoos
are the ones without tattoos, or with really bad ones.
more ink for us.


it's not that i have gotten all negative comments about
my tattoo...the majority have been VERY positive.
i have even had a couple people recognize that it
was from edgar allen poe. which warmed my heart.
i love how people can learn about each other
just from their tattoos. it's like when bikers wave
to each other. when you see someone with a cool
tattoo and then they look at yours it's almost
like a wave, right?
you recognize the commonality in each other.
however small it may be. you both endured
the pain of the needle. grrrrr.
and those meetings often lead to...
"so how much did that one hurt?"
how could you not want a tattoo.

and don't even get me started on piercings...
apparently people don't realize that they are easily removed.
and though some people care about scars,
i love scars...so i guess that's why i don't mind.


LONG LIVE THE BODY MODS!




pssst...
donald trump is not fond of tattoos!

and i was right about 1/3 people under 30 having
at least one tattoo. so by the time we are old,
maybe it will be 1/2. [;

"The researchers found that people who drink, do drugs, have spent time in jail or have given up religion are more likely to be tattooed"

awww i got a tattoo because i don't believe in god.
i always knew there was a reason behind it.

2 comments:

Sai said...

Mary! I've been saying that since I was a shorty about the whole wedding thing. I never wanted a wedding (or a husband for that matter lol. just awesome kids:).I just can't see myself spending all that money for that one day and I wouldn't want it in a church or anything like that! I just always wanted a huge PARTAY! and erica has had words with me for that too lol Instead of one huge dress, I can have 15 outfit changes just like Cher...and we all know she's pretty awesome!

p.s. I have since come around on the whole husband thing! I have a boy to blame for that one.

Sai said...

p.p.s. that person that made that picture was wayyy too much time on their hands! You look very nice in a thick black border though...pimpin!